The benefits of Microspine & True Minimally Invasive Surgery are significantly outweighed the risks. “Incisional” pain or “surgical” pain is expected. The first phase of the “healing” could be ups and downs but you will make “net” progress. Everybody is different so be gentle to your body and listening to your body. Please be compliance to what Dr. T and Microspine team recommend so that you have a smooth recovery.
The followings are general guidelines:
- No driving in the first 7-14 days due to Back brace, and potential side effects of Post-operative medications.
- You can be a passenger in the car with either Back brace or Collar on.
- You MUST be compliance with Back Brace and Neck Collar.
- Stretching your legs/feet to prevent blood clots.
- Do not stay in the same position more than 45-60 minutes at one time except when you sleep at night.
- Make sure you take medications as instructed.
- Some of the medications will need to be stopped as it may cause negative effects for your healing.
- Encourage walking as an exercise.
- No bending, lifting, twisting at the lower back
- No constant looking up, looking down, and no overhead activities for neck surgery.
- Call the Office if you feel that there is something going on with your surgery or recovery.
- You will receive specific instructions for your surgery when you are ready to be discharged home. You and your caregiver MUST understand all the instructions.
- First post-op follow-up will be at 2 weeks but we can see you earlier if you have problems, questions, and concerns.
- Dr. T usually sees the post-surgical patient at 2 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 months for non-fusion patient, and up to 6 months for fusion patient.