This treatment provides non-invasive, non-surgical pain relief caused by a variety of health issues including spinal conditions that can also make it difficult to move around freely or perform everyday tasks.
The goals of PT and modalities include:
- Reduced pain
- Increased motion of the muscles, tendons and joints for better mobility and flexibility
- Improved strength and coordination
Additional modalities that might benefit you may include:
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation: Small electrodes are attached to the skin and conduct a minimal amount of current to relax tightened muscles and ease pain.
- Ice Packs: These are applied to the painful area to decrease inflammation, pain and muscle spasms.
- Moist Heat: This is applied to the areas in pain to both improve circulation to the spots in question and encourage the rapid healing of aching muscles.
- Stretching Exercises: Designed to improve flexibility and mobility, these specialized exercises can also decrease muscle tension and tightness.
- Non-Surgical Decompression Therapy: This well-known form of rehab care stretches the spine to relieve pressure from certain regions.
- Posture/Body Mechanics/Ergonomics Therapy: We teach you the right ways to move as you complete activities associated with daily living.
- Exercise Programs: Specific exercises can be designed just for the patient to address their particular areas of concern.
- Back Braces: We may recommend wearing a back brace for a period of time to help firmly stabilize the spine and its surrounding muscles.